Effective March 2011
2. Information Collected
Information you provide directly to mpowered Solutions Web Sites. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a mpowered Solutions Web Site. mpowered Solutions Web Sites may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Web Site:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
- User name or nickname, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and zip code;
- Information for a public profile, such as your interests and the address of your web site;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver's license number where needed for payment or to access a particular service (e.g., contests);
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
- Information we collect automatically on mpowered Solutions Websites. mpowered Solutions Web Sites may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within mpowered Solutions Web Sites;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;and
- Standard server log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded video players), from co-branded partners, and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the mpowered Solutions Web Sites.
3. Use of Information
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Provide you with special offers and promotional materials on behalf of mpowered Solutions Web Sites, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Analyze the use of mpowered Solutions Web Sites and information about visitors to our Web Sites to understand and improve our service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a mpowered Solutions Web Site;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Disclosure of Information
mpowered Solutions is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help administer the promotion, including in connection with winner selection and prize fulfillment. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law.
- mpowered Solutions Web Sites and other mpoweres Solutions businesses. The mpowered Solutions family continues to grow to include innovative mpowered Solutions Web Sites that offer rich and deep interactive experiences. We may share information we collect about you within the family of mpowered Solutions Web Sites and with mpowered Solutions Corporation, and other mpowered Solutions-affiliated companies, so we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a mpowered Solutions Web Site, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
Please note that we may share information with advertisers as described in our overview of mpowered Solutions online advertising. We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest. This information cannot be used to individually identify you.
5. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on mpowered Solutions Web Sites without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on mpowered Solutions Web Sites.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular mpowered Solutions Web Site or service by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the mpowered Solutions Web Sites, such as service announcements.
You have a choice about the display of relevant advertisements by third parties; for more information, visit our overview of third-party online advertising.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on a mpowered Solutions Web Site. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
7. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using mpowered Solutions Web Sites but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
8. Visiting from Outside the United States
mpowered Solutions is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the mpowered Solutions Web Sites may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any mpowered Solutions Web Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
9. California Visitors
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which a mpowered Solutions Web Site has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request and include the name of the mpowered Solutions Web Site with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
10. Privacy Protections for Children
11. User-Generated Content
mpowered Solutions Inc.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.